It’s been nearly a month since the Cajun Cafe’s Spring Craft Beer Festival, but I’ve been lax in posting about it.
Once again, owners Paul and Rebecca Unwin put on a great festival. There were so many great beers that I had to limit myself to only those that I’ve never tried before, and even then, many beers went undrunk.
Some of the highlights, at least for me:
- Bell’s Hopslam, which in the middle of the fest was run through a Randall of Simcoe hops. This was my first introduction to the coveted IPA.
- Coronado’s Idiot IPA. An excellent representation of the style. Hopheads need to keep an eye out for this one.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Stout. This was at one of several homebrew stouts, and I apologize because I can’ t remember which one. Filtered through a Randall of peanut butter and chocolate chunks. Delicious. (UPDATE: Found out the stout was brewed by Jessica Domigan, a member of the Pinellas Urban Brewers Guild.)
- Lager Haus Brewery & Grill out of Palm Harbor was there pouring a few of its brewers’ creations, including the tasty yet ass-kicking 44 Magnum, a 22% ABV monster. Thankfully, the sample was only 2 oz. Still, I had to sit down and take a water break afterward.
- Here are some photos I took at the festival on the Beer in Florida Facebook page.
If you missed it, don’t worry. There will be another one in November, date TBA. Stay tuned.