I want to get the info out to you, so here’s a quick rundown on what’s going on, along with links to more information.
- Boca Raton’s Funky Buddha Brewery will partner with Cigar City to produce some of its award-winning beers for wider distribution. More here.
- The Green Bench Brewing Company is surprisingly close to opening its doors in downtown St. Petersburg. More here.
- Seventh Sun Brewing Company in Dunedin will pour its first in-house beer for the public in just a few days. The price for the first sip? $202.50. But don’t worry, the money goes to a great cause and the subsequent pours will go for much less. More here.
- The calendar for the first South Florida Beer Week, kicking off January 23, is starting to fill up. More here.
- Update: Florida Beer Company recently announced its planned move from its cramped quarters in Melbourne to a roomier brewing facility in Cape Canaveral. They just posted that the move is under way, and hinted at some of the things visitors to the new brewery can expect. More here.
The Florida craft beer culture grew by leaps and bounds in 2011, and it looks like 2012 will bring even more. It’s an exciting time to be a beer geek in the Sunshine State.
Happy New Year to all!